The end of year holidays are not far away and of course this is always the time that people like to let their hair down and have a good time. However , Sequre-Tronix would like to remind the public to bear the following in mind before heading off on that well-earned holiday break:
Test your home alarm before you go on holiday, however notify the Monitoring Centre beforehand.
Prior to testing your alarm:
1. Contact your local Monitoring Centre and inform them that you are testing your alarm system.
2. Confirm with the Monitoring Centre that it has received your alarm signal.
3. Finally confirm with the Monitoring Centre that your alarm system is off testing mode.
If your alarm is faulty, don’t leave it to the last minute to request a technician to come out and check your system.
• Inform Sequre-Tronix of any additional key holders staying in your area for the holidays. We will need to contact them in the event of an emergency and in the event of needing access to your property.
• Suspend newspaper and magazine deliveries.
• Ask someone to clear out your post-box on a regular basis.
• Consider asking a friend or family member to houses it for you or to visit your home on a regular basis.
• Ensure that your housesitter knows how to operate your alarm system. In addition, forward us your housesitter’s details, to prevent them from being mistaken as an unwelcome intruder.
• Don’t advertise that you are going away. Preferably pack your luggage into your vehicle behind closed garage doors.
• Do not leave notes on the door, underneath the doormat or in the post box to indicate that you are away.
• Consider hiring casual guards to monitor your property or business for the duration of your holiday. They provide great visible security presence and are an effective crime deterrent.
Of course arriving at your destination safe and sound is also important, so the following tips may be useful before you set off on your journey :
• Plan your route so that you avoid lonely and predictably unsavoury or dangerous areas.
• If you are unsure of your destination and route, spend time planning it from a road map before you depart.
• Inform someone where you are going, of your anticipated time of arrival, time of return and contact procedures. If travelling in darkness, indicate the route you will be taking.
Becoming a victim of crime while on holiday will not only spoil your holiday, but will also prove to be a nuisance when it comes to having to report the incident to the local police station.
So be sure not to leave the following in your car :
• The vehicle’s registration papers
• Any documents giving your name and address or those of your family
• Family photographs
• Vehicle and house keys
• Cheque books and credit cards
• Cell phones
• Compact Discs
With respect to security we thank you for this opportunity to introduce SequreTronix to you. We are committed in our endeavors to provide a superior professional service to you and believe that we will be able to add value to projects that you are involved with specifically with electronic security systems.
GET IN TOUCH
253 Taj Street
P.O. Box 850
Office: 012 386 0111
Mobile 076 837 5125
Emergency 24/7 tech support
062 154 4853
SequreTronix © All Rights Reserved 2017